Looking for a high-energy individual who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Must have a passion for pets and be willing to learn about reptiles, small animals, dog, cats and birds. Customer service and sales skills are a must. This is a full-time position providing 40 hours a week and benefits after 60 days. Evenings and weekends are required.
- Assisting customers, both in the store and on the phone, with their questions about livestock care and supplies we carry.
- Restock and straightening of product.
- Assist in keeping the store neat and clean
- Acquiring a solid reptile, small animal, bird, dog and cat knowledge base, through training classes and self-exploration, to assist customers with their questions.
- Completing all extra assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Flexibility when asked to work in other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to comfortably handle animals of different species.
- A dependable work ethic characterized by punctuality and a willingness to learn.
An ability to work under little or no supervision.