Looking for a high-energy individual who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Must have a passion for pets and be willing to learn about reptiles and small animals to provide information to the customer. This is a full-time position providing 40 hours a week and benefits after 60 days. Evenings and weekends are required.
- Sales Associate is responsible for the care of the animals housed in the Reptile Room, and for assisting customers with their needs by answering their questions, providing accurate advice, and packing up the livestock they wish to purchase.
- Assisting customers, both in the store and on the phone, with their questions and livestock questions and purchases.
- Boxing and bagging livestock and feeder insects and rodents.
- Caring for and maintaining optimum health conditions for the livestock in the Reptile Room by cleaning cages, medicating sick animals, and distributing food and water based on the schedule set by the Department Manager.
- Acquiring a solid reptile and small animal knowledge base, through training classes and self-exploration, to assist customers with their questions.
- Completing all extra assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Flexibility when asked to work in other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to comfortably handle animals of different species.
- A dependable work ethic characterized by punctuality and a willingness to learn.
- An ability to work under little or no supervision.