Looking for a high-energy individual who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Must have a passion for pets and be willing to learn about reptiles and small animals to provide information to the customer. This is a full-time position providing 40 hours a week and benefits after 60 days. Evenings and weekends are required.
- A Fish Supply Salesperson will assist customers with their needs by answering questions, providing information, and giving correct product recommendations in regards to aquarium and pond fish.
- Assisting customers in finding what they are looking for and make recommendations as to what they need.
- Acquiring a solid knowledge base of fish and pond supply products carried in the retail store through product training classes and self-exploration, to provide up-to-date and accurate product information to retail store patrons, as well as mail-order customers.
- Assisting the Store Manager in maintaining an up-to-date and professional looking store by restocking, cleaning, and organizing shelves, as well as redesigning endcaps.
- Completing any additional tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or the Store Manager.
- Flexibility when asked to work in other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both customers and fellow employees.
- A neat, presentable appearance and dependable work ethic.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.