Looking for a high-energy individual who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Must be willing to learn about the livestock to provide information to the customer. This is a full-time position providing 40 hours a week and benefits after 60 days. Evenings and weekends are required.
- Assisting customers, both in the store and on the phone, with their questions and livestock purchases.
- Unpacking, acclimating, and bagging Fish Room livestock.
- Completing tasks to maintain a healthy aquarium system. These tasks include feeding fish, maintaining vats and filters, medicating fish, and alerting any problems to the Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Completing necessary paper work such as mort and usage sheets.
- Acquiring a solid fish knowledge base in order to assist customers with their questions.
- Completing any extra tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Flexibility when asked to work in other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to customers and fellow employees.
- Ability to comfortably handle animals of different species.
- A dependable work ethic characterized by punctuality and a willingness to learn.
- An ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.